Torsten Neilands, PhD
Dr. Torsten Neilands is an Epidemiologist / Biostatistician. His work includes: Quantitative methods for the analysis of behavioral sciences data: structural equation modeling, longitudinal analysis via mixed effects models, and survey scale development.
Displaying 1 - 25 of 355
- Nguyen N, Thrul J, Neilands TB, Ling PM. Associations Between Product Type and Intensity of Tobacco and Cannabis Co-use on the Same Day Among Young Adult Smokers: Smartphone-Based Daily-Diary Study. JMIR Mhealth Uhealth. 2023 Feb 20; 11:e40736.
- Sauceda JA, Lechuga J, Ramos ME, Puentes J, Ludwig-Barron N, Salazar J, Christopoulos KA, Johnson MO, Gomez D, Covarrubias R, Hernandez J, Montelongo D, Ortiz A, Rojas J, Ramos L, Avila I, Gwadz MV, Neilands TB. A factorial experiment grounded in the multiphase optimization strategy to promote viral suppression among people who inject drugs on the Texas-Mexico border: a study protocol. BMC Public Health. 2023 Feb 10; 23(1):307.
- Jain JP, Hill M, Gamarel KE, Santos GM, Johnson MO, Neilands TB, Dilworth SE, Reback CJ, Sevelius J. Socio-ecological Barriers to Viral Suppression Among Transgender Women Living with HIV in San Francisco and Los Angeles, California. AIDS Behav. 2023 Jan 22.
- Stoner MCD, Browne EN, Kabudula C, Rosenberg M, Gomez-Olive FX, Neilands TB, Kang Dufour MS, Ahern J, Kahn K, Lippman SA, Pettifor AE. The effects of participation in an intensive HIV prevention trial on long term socio-demographic outcomes among young women in rural South Africa. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2023 Jan 11.
- Ssewamala FM, Brathwaite R, Neilands TB. Economic Empowerment, HIV Risk Behavior, and Mental Health Among School-Going Adolescent Girls in Uganda: Longitudinal Cluster-Randomized Controlled Trial, 2017?2022. Am J Public Health. 2023 Jan 05; e1-e10.
- Conroy AA, Tebbetts S, Darbes LA, Hahn JA, Neilands TB, McKenna SA, Mulauzi N, Mkandawire J, Ssewamala FM. Development of an Economic and Relationship-Strengthening Intervention for Alcohol Drinkers Living with HIV in Malawi. AIDS Behav. 2022 Dec 15; 1-16.
- Vincent W, Del R?o-Gonz?lez AM, Neilands TB, Bowleg L. Resilience and Its Limits: The Roles of Individual Resilience, Social Capital, Racial Discrimination, and Binge Drinking on Sexual Behavior Among Black Heterosexual Men. Arch Sex Behav. 2022 Dec 13.
- Ssewamala FM, McKay MM, Sensoy Bahar O, Nabunya P, Neilands T, Kiyingi J, Namatovu P, Guo S, Nakasujja N, Mwebembezi A. Suubi4StrongerFamilies: A study protocol for a clustered randomized clinical trial addressing child behavioral health by strengthening financial stability and parenting among families in Uganda. Front Psychiatry. 2022; 13:949156.
- Gutin SA, Neilands TB, Charlebois ED, Getahun M, Okiring J, Akullian A, Maeri I, Eyul P, Ssali S, Cohen CR, Kamya MR, Bukusi EA, Camlin CS. Mobility is Associated with Higher-risk Sexual Partnerships Among Both Men and Women in Co-resident Couples in Rural Kenya and Uganda: A Longitudinal Cohort Study. AIDS Behav. 2022 Nov 01.
- Mutumba M, Ssewamala F, Namirembe R, Sensoy Bahar O, Nabunya P, Neilands T, Tozan Y, Namuwonge F, Nattabi J, Acayo Laker P, Mukasa B, Mwebembezi A. A Multilevel Integrated Intervention to Reduce the Impact of HIV Stigma on HIV Treatment Outcomes Among Adolescents Living With HIV in Uganda: Protocol for a Randomized Controlled Trial. JMIR Res Protoc. 2022 Oct 05; 11(10):e40101.
- Lee JK, Gutin SA, Getahun M, Okiring J, Neilands TB, Akullian A, Ssali S, Cohen CR, Maeri I, Eyul P, Kamya MR, Bukusi EA, Charlebois ED, Camlin CS. Condom, modern contraceptive, and dual method use are associated with HIV status and relationship concurrency in a context of high mobility: A cross-sectional study of women of reproductive age in rural Kenya and Uganda, 2016. Contraception. 2022 Sep 14.
- Riley ED, Warner L, Hahn JA, Braun C, Dilworth S, Zevin B, Neilands TB, Weiser SD. Increased Difficulties Managing Chronic Medical Conditions During the COVID-19 Pandemic Are Associated With Increased Alcohol and Cannabis Use Among Unhoused and Unstably Housed Women. J Addict Med. 2022 Sep 08.
- Lamprea-Montealegre JA, Madden E, Tummalapalli SL, Peralta C, Neilands TB, Garcia PK, Muiru A, Karliner L, Shlipak MG, Estrella MM. Association of Race and Ethnicity With Prescription of SGLT2 Inhibitors and GLP1 Receptor Agonists Among Patients With Type 2 Diabetes in the Veterans Health Administration System. JAMA. 2022 09 06; 328(9):861-871.
- Lippman SA, Pettifor A, Dufour MK, Kabudula CW, Twine R, Peacock D, Mathebula R, Julien A, West R, Neilands TB, Wagner R, Gottert A, Gómez-Olivé FX, Rebombo D, Haberland N, Pulerwitz J, Majuba LP, Tollman S, Kahn K. A community mobilisation intervention to improve engagement in HIV testing, linkage to care, and retention in care in South Africa: a cluster-randomised controlled trial. Lancet HIV. 2022 Sep; 9(9):e617-e626.
- Kizito S, Namuwonge F, Brathwaite R, Neilands TB, Nabunya P, Bahar OS, Damulira C, Mwebembezi A, Mellins C, McKay MM, Ssewamala FM. Monitoring adherence to antiretroviral therapy among adolescents in Southern Uganda: comparing Wisepill to Self-report in predicting viral suppression in a cluster-randomized trial. J Int AIDS Soc. 2022 09; 25(9):e25990.
- Kizito S, Nabayinda J, Kiyingi J, Neilands TB, Namuwonge F, Namatovu P, Nabunya P, Sensoy Bahar O, Ssentumbwe V, Magorokosho N, Ssewamala FM. The Impact of an Economic Strengthening Intervention on Academic Achievement Among Adolescents Living with HIV: Findings from the Suubi�+�Adherence Cluster-Randomized Trial in Uganda (2012-2018). AIDS Behav. 2022 Sep 01.
- Jain JP, Sheira LA, Frongillo EA, Neilands TB, Cohen MH, Wilson TE, Chandran A, Adimora AA, Kassaye SG, Sheth AN, Fischl MA, Adedimeji AA, Turan JM, Tien PC, Weiser SD, Conroy AA. Mechanisms linking gender-based violence to worse HIV treatment and care outcomes among women in the United States. AIDS. 2022 11 01; 36(13):1861-1869.
- Norcini Pala A, Kempf MC, Konkle-Parker D, Wilson TE, Tien PC, Wingood G, Neilands TB, Johnson MO, Weiser SD, Logie CH, Turan JM, Turan B. Intersectional stigmas are associated with lower viral suppression rates and antiretroviral therapy adherence among women living with HIV. AIDS. 2022 11 01; 36(13):1769-1776.
- Saberi P, Eskaf S, Campbell CK, Neilands TB, Sauceda JA, Dub? K. Exploration of a Mobile Technology Vulnerability Scale's association with antiretroviral adherence among young adults living with HIV in the United States. Mhealth. 2022; 8:23.
- Kondur HR, Lee TK, McIntosh R, Gouse H, Paul R, Grov C, Fuchs D, Gómez W, Dilworth SE, Neilands TB, Carrico AW. HIV-related drivers of sexual compulsivity and sexuality in sexual minority men who use methamphetamine. J Neurovirol. 2022 Jun; 28(3):446-455.
- Jayaweera RT, Goin D, Twine R, Neilands TB, Wagner RG, Lippman SA, Kahn K, Pettifor A, Ahern J. Associations between WASH-related violence and depressive symptoms in adolescent girls and young women in South Africa (HPTN 068): a cross-sectional analysis. BMJ Open. 2022 07 05; 12(7):e061032.
- Flentje A, Clark KD, Cicero E, Capriotti MR, Lubensky ME, Sauceda J, Neilands TB, Lunn MR, Obedin-Maliver J. Minority Stress, Structural Stigma, and Physical Health Among Sexual and Gender Minority Individuals: Examining the Relative Strength of the Relationships. Ann Behav Med. 2021 Jun 22.
- Saberi P, Stoner MCD, Ming K, Lisha NE, Hojilla JC, Scott HM, Liu AY, Steward WT, Johnson MO, Neilands TB. The effect of an HIV preexposure prophylaxis panel management strategy to increase preexposure prophylaxis prescriptions. AIDS. 2022 11 01; 36(13):1783-1789.
- Christopoulos KA, Colasanti J, Johnson MO, Diaz Tsuzuki M, Erguera XA, Flores R, Kerman J, Dance K, Sauceda JA, Neilands TB, Dilworth SE, Koester KA, Gutierrez J, Schneider JA, Montgomery E, McNulty MC. Are Patients and Their Providers Talking About Long-Acting Injectable Antiretroviral Therapy? Penetration into Clinical Encounters at Three U.S. Care Sites. Open Forum Infect Dis. 2022 Jul; 9(7):ofac293.
- Earnshaw VA, Jonathon Rendina H, Bauer GR, Bonett S, Bowleg L, Carter J, English D, Friedman MR, Hatzenbuehler ML, Johnson MO, McCree DH, Neilands TB, Quinn KG, Robles G, Scheim AI, Smith JC, Smith LR, Sprague L, Taggart T, Tsai AC, Turan B, Yang LH, Bauermeister JA, Kerrigan DL. Methods in HIV-Related Intersectional Stigma Research: Core Elements and Opportunities. Am J Public Health. 2022 06; 112(S4):S413-S419.