Jae Sevelius, PhD
- Associate Professor, School of Medicine
- Recipient, Early-Career Award of Excellence in Behavioral Science (2016)
- CFAR Mentor
Displaying 1 - 38 of 38
- Gamarel, K., Sevelius, J., Reisner, S., Richardson, R., Darbes, L.A., Nemoto, T., Operario, D. . Relationship stigma, sexual identities, and HIV risk: Implications for linking and engaging cisgender men partnered with transgender women in HIV prevention effort. Archives of Sexual Behavior. 2019. View on Pubmed
- George, J.R., Michaels, T.I., Sevelius, J.M., Williams, M. . The Psychedelic Renaissance and the limitations of a White-dominant medical framework. Journal of Psychedelic Studies. 2019. View on Pubmed
- D’Avanzo, PA, Bass, SB, Brajuha, J, Gutierrez-Mock, L, Ventriglia, N, Wellington, C, Sevelius, J. . Medical Mistrust and PrEP Perceptions Among Transgender Women: A Cluster Analysis. Behavioral Medicine. 2019. View on Pubmed
- Sevelius J, Murray LR, Martinez Fernandes N, Veras MA, Grinsztejn B, Lippman SA. Optimising HIV programming for transgender women in Brazil. Cult Health Sex. 2018 Oct 31; 1-15. View on Pubmed
- Gamarel, KE, Sevelius, JM, Reisner, SL, Coats, CS, Nemoto, T, & Operario, D. Commitment, interpersonal stigma, and mental health in romantic relationships between transgender women and cisgender male partners. Journal of Social and Personal Relationships. 2018. View on Pubmed
- Sevelius, J., Chakravarty, D., Neilands, T.B., Keatley, J., Shade, S.B., Johnson, M.O., Rebchook, G., HRSA SPNS Transgender Women of Color Study Group . Evidence for the Model of Gender Affirmation: The role of gender affirmation and healthcare empowerment in viral suppression among transgender women of color living with HIV. AIDS & Behavior. 2018. View on Pubmed
- Hoffkling A, Obedin-Maliver J, Sevelius J. From erasure to opportunity: a qualitative study of the experiences of transgender men around pregnancy and recommendations for providers. BMC Pregnancy Childbirth. 2017 Nov 08; 17(Suppl 2):332. View on Pubmed
- Sevelius J, Jenness V. Challenges and opportunities for gender-affirming healthcare for transgender women in prison. Int J Prison Health. 2017 03 13; 13(1):32-40. View on Pubmed
- Meerwijk EL, Sevelius JM. Transgender Population Size in the United States: a Meta-Regression of Population-Based Probability Samples. Am J Public Health. 2017 Feb; 107(2):216. View on Pubmed
- Rebchook G, Keatley J, Contreras R, Perloff J, Molano LF, Reback CJ, Ducheny K, Nemoto T, Lin R, Birnbaum J, Woods T, Xavier J; SPNS Transgender Women of Color Study Group. The Transgender Women of Color Initiative: Implementing and Evaluating Innovative Interventions to Enhance Engagement and Retention in HIV Care. American Journal of Public Health. 2017. View on Pubmed
- Sevelius JM, Deutsch MB, Grant R. The future of PrEP among transgender women: the critical role of gender affirmation in research and clinical practices. J Int AIDS Soc. 2016; 19(7(Suppl 6)):21105. View on Pubmed
- Grant RM, Sevelius JM, Guanira JV, Aguilar JV, Chariyalertsak S, Deutsch MB. Transgender Women in Clinical Trials of Pre-Exposure Prophylaxis. J Acquir Immune Defic Syndr. 2016 08 15; 72 Suppl 3:S226-9. View on Pubmed
- Radix A, Sevelius J, Deutsch MB. Transgender women, hormonal therapy and HIV treatment: a comprehensive review of the literature and recommendations for best practices. J Int AIDS Soc. 2016; 19(3 Suppl 2):20810. View on Pubmed
- Sevelius J, Deutsch MB, Glidden DV, Grant RM. PrEP adherence among trans women in Brazil-access needed for this key population - Authors' reply. Lancet HIV. 2016 05; 3(5):e200-1. View on Pubmed
- Pollock L, Silva-Santisteban A, Sevelius J, Salazar X. 'You should build yourself up as a whole product': Transgender female identity in Lima, Peru. Glob Public Health. 2016 Aug-Sep; 11(7-8):981-93. View on Pubmed
- Lippman SA, Moran L, Sevelius J, Castillo LS, Ventura A, Treves-Kagan S, Buchbinder S. Acceptability and Feasibility of HIV Self-Testing Among Transgender Women in San Francisco: A Mixed Methods Pilot Study. AIDS Behav. 2016 Apr; 20(4):928-38. View on Pubmed
- Bockting W, Coleman E, Deutsch MB, Guillamon A, Meyer I, Meyer W, Reisner S, Sevelius J, Ettner R. Adult development and quality of life of transgender and gender nonconforming people. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2016 Apr; 23(2):188-97. View on Pubmed
- Safer JD, Coleman E, Feldman J, Garofalo R, Hembree W, Radix A, Sevelius J. Barriers to healthcare for transgender individuals. Curr Opin Endocrinol Diabetes Obes. 2016 Apr; 23(2):168-71. View on Pubmed
- Sevelius JM, Keatley J, Calma N, Arnold E. 'I am not a man': Trans-specific barriers and facilitators to PrEP acceptability among transgender women. Glob Public Health. 2016 Aug-Sep; 11(7-8):1060-75. View on Pubmed
- Kaplan RL, Sevelius J, Ribeiro K. In the name of brevity: The problem with binary HIV risk categories. Glob Public Health. 2016 Aug-Sep; 11(7-8):824-34. View on Pubmed
- Deutsch MB, Glidden DV, Sevelius J, Keatley J, McMahan V, Guanira J, Kallas EG, Chariyalertsak S, Grant RM. HIV pre-exposure prophylaxis in transgender women: a subgroup analysis of the iPrEx trial. Lancet HIV. 2015 Dec; 2(12):e512-9. View on Pubmed
- Reisner SL, White Hughto JM, Pardee D, Sevelius J. Syndemics and gender affirmation: HIV sexual risk in female-to-male trans masculine adults reporting sexual contact with cisgender males. Int J STD AIDS. 2016 10; 27(11):955-66.
- Light AD, Obedin-Maliver J, Sevelius JM, Kerns JL. Transgender men who experienced pregnancy after female-to-male gender transitioning. Obstet Gynecol. 2014 Dec; 124(6):1120-7.
- Deutsch MB, Keatley J, Sevelius J, Shade SB. Collection of gender identity data using electronic medical records: survey of current end-user practices. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2014 Nov-Dec; 25(6):657-63.
- Sevelius JM, Saberi P, Johnson MO. Correlates of antiretroviral adherence and viral load among transgender women living with HIV. AIDS Care. 2014; 26(8):976-82.
- Sevelius JM, Patouhas E, Keatley JG, Johnson MO. Barriers and facilitators to engagement and retention in care among transgender women living with human immunodeficiency virus. Ann Behav Med. 2014 Feb; 47(1):5-16.
- Reisner SL, Bailey Z, Sevelius J. Racial/ethnic disparities in history of incarceration, experiences of victimization, and associated health indicators among transgender women in the U.S. Women Health. 2014; 54(8):750-67.
- Sevelius JM. Gender Affirmation: A Framework for Conceptualizing Risk Behavior among Transgender Women of Color. Sex Roles. 2013 Jun 01; 68(11-12):675-689.
- Jefferson, K., Neilands, T.b., Sevelius, J.. Transgender women of color: Discrimination and depression symptoms. Ethnicity and Inequalities in Health and Social Care. 2013; 6(4):121-136.
- Jefferson K, Neilands TB, Sevelius J. Transgender women of color: discrimination and depression symptoms. Ethn Inequal Health Soc Care. 2013; 6(4):121-136.
- Johnson MO, Sevelius JM, Dilworth SE, Saberi P, Neilands TB. Preliminary support for the construct of health care empowerment in the context of treatment for human immunodeficiency virus. Patient Prefer Adherence. 2012; 6:395-404.
- Sevelius JM, Keatley J, Gutierrez-Mock L. HIV/AIDS programming in the United States: considerations affecting transgender women and girls. Womens Health Issues. 2011 Nov; 21(6 Suppl):S278-82.
- Sevelius JM, Carrico A, Johnson MO. Antiretroviral therapy adherence among transgender women living with HIV. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2010 May-Jun; 21(3):256-64.
- Sevelius J. "There's no pamphlet for the kind of sex I have": HIV-related risk factors and protective behaviors among transgender men who have sex with nontransgender men. J Assoc Nurses AIDS Care. 2009 Sep-Oct; 20(5):398-410.
- Sevelius JM, Reznick OG, Hart SL, Schwarcz S. Informing interventions: the importance of contextual factors in the prediction of sexual risk behaviors among transgender women. AIDS Educ Prev. 2009 Apr; 21(2):113-27.
- Stake, J.E., Sevelius, J.M., Hanly, S. . Student responsiveness to women's and gender studies classes: The importance of initial student attitudes and classroom relationships. NWSA Journal. 2008; 2(20):189-215.
- Operario D, Burton J, Underhill K, Sevelius J. Men who have sex with transgender women: challenges to category-based HIV prevention. AIDS Behav. 2008 Jan; 12(1):18-26.
- Sevelius, J.M. & Stake, J.E. . The effects of prior attitudes and attitude importance on attitude change and class impact in women’s and gender studies. Journal of Applied Social Psychology. 2003; (33):2341 – 2353.
- Mission Bay Conference Center,
UCSF News Center,
UCSF News Center,
UCSF News Center,
UCSF News Center,
UCSF News Center,
UCSF News Center,