In preparation for our CFAR renewal due next summer, we have implemented a policy of recompeting all historical CFAR components. As a part of this process, we would like to invite applicants for the role of CFAR Mentoring Program Co-Director in the Developmental Core.
This person will work closely with Dr. John Sauceda, Mentoring Program Co-Director and Lead of the CFAR Underrepresented Minority (URM) Group in HIV Research, to coordinate the content of the overall CFAR mentoring program, including the monthly career development workshops, the annual research symposium, the annual leadership retreat, the lightning rounds sessions, and the CFAR mentor-mentee matched pairings. Salary support of 5-7.5% FTE (up to the NIH salary cap) will be provided.
The following qualities, skills, expertise, and qualifications are important in this role:
- HIV/AIDS researcher with a track record of independent NIH-funded HIV research and publications in the field of HIV/AIDS
- Track record of mentoring (e.g. primary or co-mentor of T32 scholars, K scholars)
- Familiarity with CFAR or other organized mentoring program
- Formal mentorship training (through CFAR Mentoring the Mentors program or others)
- UCSF, Gladstone, SFDPH, Vitalant, SFVAMC appointment at the Associate Professor level or above
- MD, Ph.D. or other doctoral degree in relevant field
- Collaborative, interdisciplinary mindset, team-oriented, willing to lead papers from Mentoring Program of CFAR
- Diplomatic, strategic, and innovative thinker
- Experience with research training, education, and curriculum development
Interested applicants should submit their NIH Biosketch or CV as well as a cover letter addressing: 1) their interest in the position, 2) their relevant research and mentoring experience, 3) their ideas for enhancing the mentoring program activities, and 4) discussing any other factors they think should be considered by the review committee. Applications are due COB Monday, March 8, 2021, and a decision will be made by the end of the month. Please submit your application below.