The region of East Africa has been recognized as a priority emphasis given the strong UCSF presence there and its strategic significance.
Highlights of our activities in the region include:
- Support for a regional office in Nairobi, Kenya -- a virtual home for investigators working throughout the region
- Organizational support for the semi-annual East Africa Research Symposium and other meetings
- Development and expansion of the Translational Research Laboratory at the Infectious Disease Institute in Kampala, Uganda
- Coordination of the East Africa Interest Group workshops at UCSF
- Maintenance of partnerships with regional and local stakeholders
UCSF and CFAR's activities East Africa programs were outlined in a Strategic Retreat cosponsored by UCSF's Global Health Sciences, held in 2012.
For more information about UCSF projects by country and region, visit The Global Research Projects Database.